600 Lakeway Drive, Suite 100
Bellingham, WA 98225
360-676-6749 or 800-585-6749
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Under RCW 42.17.020(36), all information and documents prepared, used, generated, owned, or kept to conduct business in any format or medium, including electronic data. Public records include client records and may include confidential information that is exempt or protected from disclosure to the general public.
Public Records requests must include:
- Name, address, and contact information for requestor
- Description of public records adequate to locate the records
- Date of request
Or, download, print and complete the NWRC Request for Disclosure of Public Records Form.
You will receive a response within five business days.
There is no fee for inspecting public records. Copy fees are as follows:
- Black & white, standard and legal size copies: $.10 per page
- Mailing: Actual cost of postage and shipping container
- Other media: Actual cost of reproduction
Payments by cash, check or money order payable to “Northwest Regional Council.”
For large requests, the NWRC may:
- Require a deposit of up to ten percent of estimated cost before making copies
- Provide copies in installments
- Require advance payment before providing further installments
There is no single index of NWRC records.
Within five business days of receipt of the request, the Public Records Officer or designee will do one of the following:
- Make the records available for inspection or copying
- Send copies to requestor with invoice for charges
- Provide a reasonable estimate when records will be available
- Contact requestor to request clarification
- Deny the request citing reason for denial
If a Requestor does not receive a response within five days, he or she should contact the Public Records Officer to determine the reason.